Sunday, 30 May 2010

Finding a purpose

The purpose of this blog is for hope.  I simply want to add a little sunshine to your life. You are probably newly diagnosed or a veteran (laugh out loud). It does not matter what matters to me is peace. I firmly believe that we all need to find our peace. Yes having HIV does not help your health but if you look deeper it can help your mind. For me having HIV  has change my complete outlook on life. I no long depend on living my life in one dimension(go to work, party, home).

I was watching the finale of lost the other day an found great meaning in it.  I learned that you cannot hold on to things and how they could have been and how they should be. Try to let go of all the pains and anger and then life will take it’s course and unfold like a flower. There is power in letting go.

Those who are newly diagnosed may not want to hear about the future as this does not seem to matter. Before I found out I was HIV positive, I was very unhappy and had no purpose in life. I seem to have changed my out look now I am looking forward to living my life as a good human being and fulfilling my life. We do not know where we go when we die, but I sure want to make sure I take positivity with me.

I want you to know that you are an angel in your own right. That right is to make positive steps in your life to finding happiness. I don’t mean to sound like a self help book, but when you are ready you will see the meaning in my words.

Living with HIV in a sense depending on how you live your life. You may have two sides to you (hiding your HIV from the world) or you wear your status on your sleeve. whatever you do is your choice.

Yes we all know the prejudice. People may not even want to know the story behind your HIV but what is important is how you feel about yourself when you look in the mirror.  I am sure there is someone out there that does not like you for some reason, you can’t please everyone. I would like to say life is about movement and taking steps. Small steps are the best way to go as they build up into something special. Special in the sense that you do not rush, you make these steps then  you realise you have completed a whole project.

The only way you can find peace is listening to yourself. Only you can tell you what you need to know and learn, just listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment